All students must submit a high school transcript unless the student has an accredited, earned associate, bachelor, or higher degree.
Polk State College accepts high school transcripts that meet any of the following criteria:
- All public high schools within the U.S. or U.S. territories
- Previously-validated private high schools within Polk State College's district
- Regionally-accredited high schools
- High schools accredited by the Distant Education and Training Council (DETC) or AdvancEd
- All state and military-issued General Education Diplomas (GED)
- Foreign high school transcripts evaluated by Polk State College or a NACES affiliate as equivalent to a standard high school diploma
All other high schools must be validated before being recognized as acceptable. Students are expected to participate in the collection of the required documentation so that the College can make an informed decision on the validity of the student's diploma and the diploma-granting institution. Institutions that are not registered with a department of education from a U.S. state or U.S. territory are automatically denied. Generally, schools that offer an exam for a diploma, yet do not fit in the categories above, are denied.