Registering for classes at Polk State College is accomplished through the online registration system available at www.polk.edu. Students are required to follow the admission steps before registering for any classes. Students are authenticated through the student portal, PASSPORT, to ensure the identity of the student. Registration is monitored throughout the registration period for unusual activity.
Additional information helpful to successful registration:
- All students should consult the Academic Calendar on the College's website for registration dates, fees, and payment deadlines.
- Students should be prepared to pay for classes by the posted payment deadline, which displays on the student's schedule in PASSPORT. Otherwise, the registration reservation is canceled, and students may not be able to re-register for the classes they originally selected. Students may pay online with any major credit card through PASSPORT at www.polk.edu or in person at the Winter Haven and Lakeland campuses. Polk State College also has other payment options available for students, such as a tuition payment plan administered through a partnership. After a small enrollment fee and down payment, students can spread tuition and fee payments over four (4) monthly payments, depending on when students register. This allows students more flexibility in managing tuition and fees each semester. For more information, students are referred to the Business Office Tution Payment Plan Q & A on the website.
- Students with unmet obligations (overdue library books, financial obligations, or outstanding requirements, such as missing student-records documents) are blocked from registration for future terms.
- Students may be restricted from registering for courses for which they have not met the prerequisite requirements. Students who pre-register for the next term but fail a prerequisite course must drop the class requiring the prerequisite; however, they may add another appropriate course. Students who fail prerequisite courses but do not drop the next course in the sequence may be dropped from all classes that they have registered for in the next semester.
- Once the Add period has ended, schedule change requests must be submitted to the Campus Dean of Student Services or Academic Dean.
- Registration fees are due by the fee-payment deadline as published on the student schedule found on PASSPORT. Payment may be made in person at the Polk State College Cashier's Office on the Winter Haven campus or Lakeland campus or online through the PASSPORT student portal.
- Failure to pay fees by the published deadline results in cancellation of registration. The student may not be able to re-register for the original classes selected. Although the College may attempt to drop the student who does not pay fees, it is ultimately the student's responsibility to drop from all classes to avoid owing fees and tuition for the semester.
- Registration is not complete until the student stops registration activity and the PASSPORT account shows that all fees have been paid in full.
- Financial aid, Bright Futures, veterans' benefits, and other aid recipients must be aware of their award coverage and pay any outstanding portion by the posted deadline to prevent cancellation of registration. It is important to note that if you do not attend class during the drop period and the professor marks you as not attending, you will be dropped from the class and any aid calculations are adjusted based on your full-time/part-time status. This may result in a release of funds to you as a refund in the amount previously designated to pay for the dropped class. If you later are reinstated to the class, the tuition and fees for that class will be due immediately.
- All outstanding residency documentation must be submitted prior to the Drop deadline. Once the Drop deadline has passed, a student's residency cannot be changed for the current term.
- Documentation for qualifying for one of Florida's fee exemptions or waivers must be submitted prior to the Drop deadline. Once the Drop deadline has passed, student's exemptions and waivers cannot be applied to the current term.
Note: Be sure to read all documentation from the Financial Aid Office, the Foundation, the Admission and Registrar's Office, or any funding source you use so that you are in compliance with all regulations relating to financial arrangements for your tuition and fees.
PASSPORT (Personal Access to Student Services Polk Online Registration Tool) is an online system that allows students to conduct various Student Services' tasks. On PASSPORT students can:
- Review their records
- Make address changes
- View their grades
- Check financial aid status
- Pay for classes and other fees
- Order official transcripts
- Print enrollment certifications
- Register for classes
- View official communication
- Follow their degree audit and educational plan
- Apply for graduation
PASSPORT allows students to conduct these tasks day or night from any computer with Internet access. All students who have been admitted to the College and have a password can use PASSPORT.
To use the online system, students should go to the website at www.polk.edu and click on the PASSPORT link. Step-by-step instructions can be found on the PASSPORT home screen by clicking the link for "Student Help Using PASSPORT."