Catalog 2009-2010 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
The Polk State College Catalog contains detailed information about admission requirements, academic programs and policies, course descriptions, financial aid, special services and programs, extracurricular activities, and related policies and procedures.
If students have specific questions or need further information, they should contact an Academic Advisor in Student Services on either the Lakeland or Winter Haven campus; or the JD Alexander/Lake Wales Center.
Polk State College (PSC) is part of the Florida College System and awards Bachelor of Applied Science, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degrees, certificates and applied technology diplomas. PSC is governed by the istrict
Board of Trustees.
The information published in this catalog reflects the District Board of Trustees’ rules and administrative regulations in effect at the time of publication. PSC reserves the right to make changes in regulations, course offerings, curriculum, academic policies, and other rules affecting students. Information about any changes to rules and regulations will be available in Student Services.
Polk State College
999 Avenue H NE
Winter Haven, Florida 33881-4299
Polk State College is accredited to award associate degrees by the Commission on Colleges
of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
Polk State College programs are also accredited by:
- The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) 61 Broadway, New York, NY 10006, 800-669-1656
- The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- The Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the EMS Professional (CoAEMSP)
- The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
- The Joint Review Commission on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) 20 N. Wacker Dr. Suite 2850, Chicago, IL. 60606-3182, 312-704-5300
- The Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc., (CALEA®) Public Safety Training Academy Accreditation
- The Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)