Jul 18, 2024  
Catalog/Handbook 2023-2024 
Catalog/Handbook 2023-2024

Student Records

Polk State College maintains a permanent academic record and relevant supporting documents for each student. The Registrar is designated as the custodian of student records and is responsible for maintaining accurate and readily available student academic records. Records are maintained and non-essential documentation purged according the schedule provided by the state of Florida called the GS5.

A student may order an official transcript by submitting a Transcript Request through the PASSPORT account. Transcripts are available via electronic exchange (with participating institutions), secure PDF documents, or in some cases, official paper transcripts. The student’s signature is always required to order a transcript. Electronic signatory is provided when the request is made through the PASSPORT system. Polk State College charges a fee of $5.00 for a transcript request.

Degree Verification’s and Enrollment Certifications
Polk State College uses the services of the National Student Clearinghouse to process requests for degree verification’s and enrollment certifications. A student may access this information on PASSPORT free of charge. Employers, insurance providers, and others are directed to the National Student Clearinghouse website (www.studentclearinghouse.org). Polk State College does not charge a fee for these services, but a small transaction fee is charged by the National Student Clearinghouse for non-student requests. A student can order an enrollment certification through the PASSPORT account.

Transcript Services
The College uses the services of Parchment Inc. to provide 24/7 transcript ordering. This service is offered via PASSPORT and the option to order a paper, electronic, or secure PDF version of the transcript as well as additional services such as next-day delivery, delivery at the end of a term, or receipt after graduation has been posted.

A Student’s Personal Information
A change to a student’s name, Social Security Number, or other vital information requires proof. To request a change, the student should complete a Vital Statistics Change Form and bring the new Social Security card or other document to the Admission and Registrar’s Office along with a driver’s license or other photo ID.

The Registrar is also responsible for the use and release of information contained in student records. The College is committed to the protection of each student’s right to privacy. It complies with the provisions of the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Florida laws, and State Department of Education rules. Polk State College may release directory information to requesting parties at its discretion; it does so for college-to-college business and official purposes.