Mar 22, 2023  
Catalog/Handbook 2021-2022 
Catalog/Handbook 2021-2022 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Student Records

Polk State College maintains a permanent record of academic information with supporting relevant documents for each student. The Registrar is designated as the custodian of student records and is responsible for maintaining accurate and readily available student academic records. Records are maintained and non-essential documentation purged according the schedule provided by the state of Florida called the GS5.

A student may order an official transcripts by submitting a transcript request through the student’s PASSPORT account. Transcripts are available via electronic exchange with participating institutions, secure PDF documents, or in some cases, official paper transcripts. The student’s signature is always required to order a transcript. The student provides electronic signatory when the request is made through the PASSPORT system. Polk State College charges a fee of $5.00 for a transcript request.

Degree Verifications and Enrollment Certifications
Polk State College uses the services of the National Student Clearinghouse to process requests for degree verifications and enrollment certifications. A student may access this information on PASSPORT free of charge. Employers, insurance providers, and others are directed to the National Student Clearinghouse website ( Polk State College does not charge a fee for these services, but a small transaction fee is charged by the National Student Clearinghouse for non-student requests. A student can order an enrollment certification through the PASSPORT account.

Transcript Services
The College uses the services of Credentials Inc. to provide 24/7 transcript ordering.  The student must login into PASSPORT and order using the Credentials Inc. integrated ordering system. The student is given the option to order a paper, electronic, or secure PDF version of the transcript and to pay for additional services such as next-day delivery, delivery at the end of a term, or receipt after graduation has been posted.

A Student’s Personal Information
A change to a student’s name, Social Security Number, or other vital information requires proof. To request a change, the student should complete a Vital Statistics Change Form and bring the new Social Security card or other document to the Admission and Registrar’s Office along with a driver’s license or other photo ID.

The Registrar is also responsible for the use and release of information contained in student records. The College is committed to the protection of student rights to privacy. It complies with the provisions of the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), state of Florida law, and State Department of Education rules. Polk State College may release directory information to requesting parties at its discretion and does so for college-to-college business or for official purposes.