Jul 14, 2024  
Catalog/Handbook 2014-2015 
Catalog/Handbook 2014-2015 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Transient Students

A transient student is one who is attending another college or university, but who wishes to earn credits at Polk State College to fulfill degree requirements at his or her home institution. The student must meet the following requirements for enrollment:

  • Submission of an Official Transient Form or statement from the home institution, certifying good standing and indicating the particular courses to be taken. If the student is from an in-state or participating private institution, the transient request must be submitted through www.flvc.org; this submission acts as the student’s application.
  • Submission of an online application at www.polk.edu if the home institution does not participate in the electronic transient request process through www.flvc.org
  • Selection of the appropriate courses that the home institution accepts toward the program of study.
  • Submission of a request for an official Polk State College transcript to be sent to the home institution at the end of the term.

Polk State College students wishing to attend other colleges as transient students must:

  • Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
  • Have met any prerequisites for the desired courses and not be currently enrolled.
  • Be in good academic and financial standing with the College.
  • Have attended courses during the term immediately preceding the transient request term.
  • Take courses that meet requirements for the student’s degree program at Polk State College.
  • Have approval from the program director for any courses in a limited admission program.
  • Understand that they will not be able to receive Financial Aid at the transient institution.  Fees must be paid by the student who may then receive reimbursement from his or her home institution.
  • Complete a Transient Form two (2) weeks prior to registration through www.flvc.org. If the student is attending a private institution that does not participate in the electronic transient process, the student should meet with a Polk State College academic advisor to obtain a paper Transient Form.

Request that the college where courses are to be taken send an official transcript to the Polk State College Admission and Registrar’s Office immediately after grades are posted at the end of the term.